£77.00 per day
Temporary to Permanent
Would you like the opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding role within the education sector, with potential for further career development within education?
Our client, a very successful educational establishment based in the Ashford area, has asked us to help recruit a Senior Student Welfare Officer (term time only) to commence work during September 2017.
Applicants will be educated to a degree level, have a good understanding of MS Office and have a background within education.
• Managing the Welfare Assistant and supporting the Physical Impairment Teaching Assistants by coordinating and deploying the support where appropriate.
• Liaising with external agencies (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapist, NHS etc.) to seek advice and training where needed. Researching and publishing information on students’ conditions and medical needs, and disseminating this information to appropriate staff.
• Responsibility for ensuring that relevant staff are up to date with moving and handling and other relevant training courses, and to give advice, guidance and management strategies to all staff regarding students with medical needs, including being evacuation chair trained and that Health & Safety and Fire evacuation policies and procedures are followed.
• To liaise with the parents of students with medical needs and to care for those students needs to enable them to be fully included in every day Academy life.
• To keep the Assistant Principal – SENCO fully informed of all issues regarding any students with any Medical or Welfare needs and for their care and wellbeing across the Academy.
• To work in close liaison with the Welfare Assistant in general first aid and health and safety issues across the 3-19 Academy.
• To be responsible for and oversee the lifting and handling team to ensure that the physiotherapy is being undertaken safely and efficiently.
• Responsible for ensuring that the Management Information System is kept up to date with regard to all students with medical needs and their record keeping and care plans.
• Management and deployment of medical welfare student care plans including management of medication, its distribution, containment and disposal complying with Academy and HSE policies and procedures.
• To assist the Director of Finance & Operations in ensuring the Academy has sufficient First Aid cover and qualified First Aiders at all times.
• To complete or undertake, to the standard required, any other tasks or duties as required by the Senior Leadership Team.
This position will be temporary initially paying £77 per day but will be on-going to permanent with a potential permanent salary on a scale from £19,443 - £23,647 (pro-rata).
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Earl Street Employment is an equal opportunity employer.
We are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role.
Submit your cv and we’ll keep you on record
NOT RIGHT FOR YOU? WHY NOT REFER A FRIEND