£60.00 per day
£60.00 per day
Temporary to Permanent
Would you like the opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding role within the education sector, with potential for further career development within education?
Our client, a very successful educational establishment based in the Ashford area, has asked us to help recruit a Design and Technology Technician (term time only) to commence work in September 2017.
This role requires a well organised person with good Technology knowledge and practical experience with a particular bias on woodwork, metalwork and plastics. Good computer and literacy skills are essential. Experience or relevant certificate to use oxyacetylene would be an advantage, as well as any experience in vocational education.
The Department consists of one large resistant materials workshop, two food classrooms, a textiles classroom and a computer room, with laser cutter. The suitable candidate will need to be flexible and assist elsewhere in the Academy when required.
There is a heavy emphasis on practical work and attention to detail is necessary. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential in supporting classroom teaching as is the ability to work under pressure.
• Supply of all materials for Department areas and other areas where required.
• Ordering of all resources, and ensuring adequate stock levels at all times.
• The manufacture of learning resources, when required.
• Maintenance, health and safety checks of all machinery.
• All relevant paperwork and maintenance of records electronically.
• Instructing and supervising students in the use of all tools and machinery in support of the teacher.
• To support in vocational studies with specialist tutors.
• Support the technician service to meet the needs of teaching, including setting up and operating systems for organisation and administration of a technical service with the highest standards of tidiness and efficiency.
• Identify, in liaison with teaching and technician staff, the technical and technical support needs generated by the curriculum and in particular curriculum change.
• Ensure that satisfactory standards of safety and security are maintained in relation to the Department’s technician service, in accordance with Academy policy.
This position will be temporary initially (paying £60.00 per day) but will be on-going to permanent with a potential permanent salary on a scale from £14,568 - £16,649 (pro rata).
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The client will be holding interviews on 17th and 24th August.
Earl Street Employment is an equal opportunity employer.
We are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role.
Submit your cv and we’ll keep you on record
NOT RIGHT FOR YOU? WHY NOT REFER A FRIEND